Your browser does not support JavaScript or its disabled!
Please turn it on, or be aware that some features on this website will not work correctly.
Contentbox headline
You are not logged in. Log in to post on the forum.

Boards >> News >> Balancing Game Mechanics - Experience Quests

Page: 1
Balancing Game Mechanics - Experience Quests
by GOD Aris
Author  
GOD Aris
Position: god
Profession: Druid
Level: 44

Balancing Game Mechanics - Experience Quests

Greetings Durans,

With today's Server Save there has been a big change applied across Dura.

Going forward there will be level requirements for Experience and Skill Quests. Dura is founded on principles of Challenge and Difficulty, Fair-play, and Balance. It has become apparent that various groups of Players are having high levels clear paths for low levels to run through Experience Quests. This is only the early stages of cheese. We anticipate in the coming weeks players would go from level 8 to 40 in 1-3 days. This is against the original purpose of these Quests which are supposed to be a challenge for you and your group of friends as well as the vision of Dura -- these quests have become antithetical to both these premises.

Cheese, or broken mechanics, is the opposite of balance. It is poor game design and we will always be quick to identify it and then swiftly remedy it.

On a less dramatic but no less important note there was a bug with Unjustified Frags that has been patched.

Dura Staff

23.11.20 11:01:26
Edited by moderator
on 23.11.20 11:04:27
Orlpar
Position: player
Profession: Paladin
Level: 53

Dear Aris,

I agree with this change, however I plead for you to consider the level restriction carefully. The exp quests are a vital part of Dura, and it would be a shame if you could only obtain them once the exp values are no longer relevant. Of course I do not know the exact restrictions which are in place, but I can see the system becoming punishing and discouraging for players.

Kind regards,
Orlpar
23.11.20 11:44:07
Anstopobow
Profession: Elite Knight
Level: 47

No Skills quest's please.
this change will only benefit players who are already high level, skill 80+ is much more difficult to train and will you deliver in quest? skills have to be at the base of the training !!!

# Don't make the game easier =)
23.11.20 23:49:35
Jozin
Profession: Elite Knight
Level: 111

No skill quests.
I agree with Anstopobow. It ia not good idea to make skill questes, exp quests its enought.
24.11.20 08:40:29

Monster of the Week Monster Pedestal and Players Online Box

Players Online