Your browser does not support JavaScript or its disabled!
Please turn it on, or be aware that some features on this website will not work correctly.
Contentbox headline
You are not logged in. Log in to post on the forum.

Boards >> Gameplay >> Divine intervention at Banshee Quest

Page: 1
Divine intervention at Banshee Quest
by Orlpar
Author  
Orlpar
Position: player
Profession: Paladin
Level: 53

Divine intervention at Banshee Quest
Today, on the 4th of January 2021, the first Banshee Quest on Dura was completed. This is an amazing achievement. The usual difficulty of the quest is even greater here, with monsters having additional deadly abilities and appearing as elites. The quest is also changed to make it more deadly. There are extra monsters on the way, and there are additional limitations, such as a time limit of 90 minutes. Despite that, a team of 7, some of them my friends, others I respect, managed their way past all of those hurdles, and obtained excellent rewards. Congratulations to them. With this in mind, I wanted to provide some additional context to this event.

Crescendo is the most notorious player on the server. People dislike him for being direct, headstrong and for voicing his opinions without a regard for the feelings of the other party. I respect those qualities, but they will not attract many friends. Instead, they bring with them other benefits. Crescendo has a way with people, and they will listen, regardless whether they like him or not.

At the beginning section of the Banshee Quest, Dura administrators have implemented one more feature to impair our attempts, and that is a player count limit. Only 5 players can proceed at once. In a marvellous display of rhetoric, Crescendo managed to persuade administrator Zown, one of the most influential people running the server, to teleport two more players inside of the limited area. Those players went on to assist with completion of the quest, and were able to obtain the rewards.

I wanted to express my utmost disappointment with this action of the administration. Again, it is shown that the owners of Dura will use their powers to influence the gameplay on the server. This is a breach of my trust in the integrity of the game. With 7 players being allowed into a quest designed for 5 players, I have a lot of concerns about similar situations in the future. Will the administration be there, to teleport another group of 7 inside? Or was this a one-time favour, and other groups should expect to have to go through the difficult quest only 5 man strong? Exaggerating, can I benefit from a similar act of divine intervention, and humbly ask to be teleported to the Annihilator reward room? The distance of the teleport is comparable.

My point is that teleporting players is very questionable, if not done in accordance with a clear set of rules. It is understandable that a player is teleported out of a bugged hole when stuck, but to me it is unacceptable for the administration to use similar means to assist players with gameplay objectives. The line between acts such as what happened on today's quest, and spawning items for a select group, is way too thin for my liking. I want clarity, on whether the server is a sandbox for the administration, or a long time project worth putting time and effort into. I want to know that I can trust my achievements in the game to be valuable based on my dedication and work alone, and not any external influence.

In the end, I have been enjoying Dura since the very first day. I met a lot of nice people here, and one good friend. Every single death of mine was taken with a big smile, as the server provided me with tons of fun. I am very happy to see that after some still recent conflicts among the player base, the player count is stable at a healthy level, and there are many fresh faces and lively guilds. Today leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Here is hoping for a better tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Orlpar
03.01.21 19:35:04
Vegeta
Profession: Knight
Level: 15

It's sad to hear that a staff member would help players overcome what is obviously an intended design and feature. I can't see them doing this in the future - to make things fair they should up the capacity for up to 7 players for this quest, and instances like this should never happen again.
22.01.21 11:43:52
Zerocool
Profession: Sorcerer
Level: 14

o.o
that's very unfair
12.07.21 10:56:47

Monster of the Week Monster Pedestal and Players Online Box

Players Online