Your browser does not support JavaScript or its disabled!
Please turn it on, or be aware that some features on this website will not work correctly.
Contentbox headline
You are not logged in. Log in to post on the forum.

Boards >> Gameplay >> Paladin Issue!

Page: 1 2
Paladin Issue!
by Pasi Ripatov
Author  
Pasi Ripatov
Position: player
Profession: Royal Paladin
Level: 29

Paladin Issue!
Hello! I know that this server is harder than normal and that's fun but Paladins are so bad that i can't belive it! I have leveled up a 32 paladin and have 75 in dist and now I notice that the paladin is completely useless to choose. many classic paladin things are not possible to do such as stair jumping, chasing giant spiders and dragons in vdc ect .. you have to basically take off all eq to be able to get bolts with you if you do not push with you.in comparison with a knight, paladin is the same thing but a deterioration as the knights' weapons do not disappear and they can use shields which means that they can perform long hunts. paladins can not hunt in any place where a knight in the same lvl can hunt and it is a big mistake when you choose paladin to be able to hunt cyclops and dragons faster than a knights for example.
the best i can hunt with this paladin (lvl32 and 75 in dist) is cyclopolis -1 and mines -3 -4, a kngiht in the same lvl and equivalent skills hunt in the same places much easier and more profit and can stay much longer without need to refill. paladins are known for running fast hunts and then refilling and back (poh, vdc) ect .. sometimes you choose to push bolts with you and sometimes you choose to hunt for a while and then refill or maybe hunt something else. it's paladin life. for a knight it is often hard when you have to run around to all the spawns and see which one is free, for a paladin it is the same but we also have to decide if we should push with our bolts or not if we should have eq us or invest in getting more bolts, it will be a big project just to log in and hunt for a while, as kngiht you log in open uh bp run and check if cyclopolis ect .. is free and start hunting. that is also why almost no paladins are in the highscore because it is too difficult / boring to play. all voc's are harder to hunt whit but paladins are extremely affected and if you want to have it like this, you have to fix something that benefits paladins, such as cheaper bolts and that they might halve the weight so you can be and hunt for a longer time and that is not enough more needs to be done but I currently have no more ideas. in comparison with a knight, paladin is the same thing but a deterioration as the knights' weapons do not disappear and they can use shields which means that they can perform long hunts. paladins can not hunt in any place where a knight in the same lvl can hunt(usually the opposite) and it is a big mistake when you choose paladin to be able to hunt cyclops and dragons for example.
the best i can hunt with this paladin (lvl32 and 75 in dist) is cyclopolis -1 and mines -3 -4, a kngiht in the same lvl and equivalent skills hunt in the same places much easier and more profit and can stay much longer without need to refill. paladins are known for running fast hunts and then refilling and back (poh, vdc) ect .. sometimes you choose to push bolts with you and sometimes you choose to hunt for a while and then refill or maybe hunt something else. it's paladin life. for a knight it is often hard when you have to run around to all the spawns and see which one is free, for a paladin it is the same but we also have to decide if we should push with our bolts or not if we should have eq us or invest in getting more bolts, it will be a big project just to log in and hunt for a while, as kngiht you log in open uh bp run and check if cyclopolis ect .. is free and running. that is also why almost no paladins are in the highscore because it is too difficult / boring to play. all voc's are harder to hunt on but paladins are extremely affected and if you want to have it like this, you have to fix something that benefits paladins, such as cheaper bolts and that they might halve the weight so you can be and hunt for a longer time and that is not enough where more needs to be done but I currently have no more ideas. I will pause for a while with this server until something / if something happens to the paladins.I Feel free to agree and come with comments
12.02.21 21:04:42
Ichijaymu
Profession: Elder Druid
Level: 139

~Signed
12.02.21 21:52:51
Lieutenant
Profession: Elite Knight
Level: 71

Played both Paladin and Knight and totally agree!
12.02.21 22:07:17
Pasi Ripatov

I wrote the text in "word" and i can see that i repeat it 2 times, sorry for that :)

signed
12.02.21 22:11:50
Xria
Profession: Paladin
Level: 57

Signed.
12.02.21 22:21:19
Brax
Profession: Knight
Level: 20

Agree with op
12.02.21 22:33:33
Noctambulo
Level: 111

I wrote a large comment and webpage expired... lol
12.02.21 22:35:42
Noctambulo
Level: 111

Hello. Signed... but

I'll spoil some of my info on paladins to bring light on the issue. You have to hunt with spears longer on this server to profit.
Note also that arrows and bolt creation is buffed on Dura compared to original. Arrow creation is more profitable than bolts on most cases.
I agree that it would be nice to tweak accuracy or add a bit more of damage. But it's not as bad as some people say.
Paladins have some advantage on uh trap. They don't have to focus as mages do on pvp. As they don't depend on aiming the sds to do damage.

I havent seen endgame paladin weaponry, guessing it is comparable to knight late game SOV/Stonecutter etc.

I do have aprox 200k plus runes. I've also bought 120k on bless total. So I do profit on my hunts. It's possible. I would have more if I focused on profit only but I ain't exactly.
Didn't have much knowledge about the server before too.
12.02.21 22:47:56
Pasi Ripatov

if you redo knights weapons so they can only use throwing knives with 30 in attack (like a bolt) and cost 4pg / each and the same weight as a bolt. you should not be able to have a shield, only if you use a battle hammer (equivalent to a spear) that weighs 200oz (equivalent to 10 spears). if you do this, then it feels more fair between paladin and knight in the balancing act. considering that you hunt the same things as a knight on this server, you should also balance a little better. paladin is a real clown voc right now. in normal cases paladins should be able to hunt / run with better monsters earlier in the game than a knight can do but it is completely impossible here, later in the game when paladin and knights are higher lvls it usually ends with both parties hunting dls or the like
12.02.21 22:49:18
Pasi Ripatov

I agree whit you Noctambulo. the pvp part may be fair like other voc'. it is good that you profit from hunting and it is absolutely possible to do, I also make a profit if I hunt minos with spears (can be quite good if you have the strength to collect everything) but the point is that if you had been a knight instead you would probably have been 10- 15 lvls higher and had 500k more cash whit the time you spend on your char. everything can be seen in different ways, the point is that paladins (rpg) is a total failure
12.02.21 23:01:04
Stikupkadz
Level: 88

Signed.
12.02.21 23:12:22
Madrazo Delejos
Level: 142

Signed :)
13.02.21 13:38:09
Fat Rooster
Level: 38

Signed.

Agree or disagree, but just take look at the online statistics:

Druid: 57
Sorcerer: 58
Knight: 85
Paladin: 29

Just sad how bad and useless paladins are :/
13.02.21 14:11:35
Ping
Profession: Master Sorcerer
Level: 23

@Fat Rooster

That stat is very bad tho, with those 115 mages theres like 80 makers
14.02.21 07:13:45
Chrys Anthemum
Level: 30

Signed

Level 30 here, still using spears for 95% of hunts.
I get that we need to choose carefully when hunting with arrows/bolts, but the hitchance means might as well play like a knight and pick up the spears than having a massive dice roll of: miss/low hit/average hit
14.02.21 07:17:53
Ferumur
Profession: Knight
Level: 8

Server is dieing :/
15.02.21 06:18:21
Doeds
Level: 39

I fully agree, I barely even make a profit hunting with spears tbh
15.02.21 14:26:51
Fallren
Level: 44

Signed

Hunting with spears since start, and ive 10k profit after promotion spells and 1 premium bought, without paying for items. Its kind sad to pick spears all over hunt and don't even hit hard as knight.
19.02.21 11:41:31
Shadow'kz
Level: 60

the top distance of the server just went retired on his 67 rp to play on a lvl 30 knight cz his paladin keeps missing bolts and hitting very low hits.
within 221 online theyre 28 paladins, 57 sorcerers, 61 druids and 75 knights.
there r many factors to it: our bolts and arrows r expensive, the strongest part of the class was that paladins r usually able to hunt without beign hit for the cost of the ammo(wich is 50% more expensive with arrows and 33% more expensive with bolts here) but here with those monsters hitting range spells, making tons of summons and using stronghaste makes the rp experience even worst; this class were used to hunt stronger monsters on single target wich isnt possible here that early. with mages there r some downsides but the cheaper rings makes their ml high beign able to rune with them and still profit, ppl could claim that they waste harder but there r ways to do it properly, as u could make bagloots with gfb within better exp/profit than rps on the same cave; in the other hand i feel knights extremelly strong here as they do more dmg and more consistelly than rps at hunts, they dont waste to hit obviously, those physical% at itens benefits them the most cz they actually need to tank, while they have the ability to stay on the cave all day long, making lot more exp and profit than the others since the very start till the late game. if i have an advise to make to all paladins of the server i should say to retire him and create a knight
19.02.21 19:09:56
Fallren
Level: 44

Is there a possibility of making bolts 3 gp again?
28.02.21 10:53:44

Monster of the Week Monster Pedestal and Players Online Box

Players Online