Your browser does not support JavaScript or its disabled!
Please turn it on, or be aware that some features on this website will not work correctly.
Contentbox headline
You are not logged in. Log in to post on the forum.

Boards >> Proposals >> Elite Items

Page: 1
Elite Items
by Bayaz
Author  
Bayaz
Position: player
Profession: Elite Knight
Level: 55

Elite Items
Hello!

First of all, I want to compliment the "Elit"monster mechanic. You have put some input randomness to hunting, which makes it so much more enjoyable. It's not overdone, so the balance is great! Good job.

My proposal is of what I thought legendary items were in the first place.

Imagine you hunt DLs for weeks. Looting the same thing over and over again is fun when you get rare drops, but even more fun if we had the same randomized "elite" mechanic for drops.

My proposal is to implement the same Elite mechanic for weapon and items drops. Every weapon and armor has a very small chance of being elite, which gives it a random extra attribute. Like a Fire Sword could have +1 atk, or +2 def (or whatever, you can figure out the details of this). It would add great fun, variation to hunting, and also it could balance the sword/mace/axe competition, which always seem to favor axe currently.

It could also make lower level weapons viable to hunt and look for for. For instance you could hunt for an elite version of your current item to improve your character.

I think it would add variation and potentially also balance to the game.

tl;dr: Add rare, elite item drops with a random attribute modifier, similar to the rare spawning of elite mobs.

Best regards,
Al'mear
07.09.21 13:16:53
Liro
Profession: Sorcerer
Level: 66

Truly like the idea of getting a small chance of dropping items with extra stats (atk/def/armor).
07.09.21 13:36:50
Bayaz
Level: 55

Elaboration and further possibilities
Hello!

As some people seem to have enjoyed the idea, I just want to emphasize some and clarify the idea and proposal.

The main idea is not to make the game easier , but to add variety without modifying the gameplay too much. Upon writing this I was mainly focused on keeping it in thread with Dura's overall feeling, namely adding something that makes the grind more attractive. Looting something nice is already extremely fun; imagine the exhileration if there also was a chance that a rare drop could be so called "elite".

Here are some more detailed suggestions for how the Elite item system (or call it what you wish) could work.

When an item drops it has a small chance of being elite. The exact amounts would have to be tested and balanced for, but my intuition tells that somewhere around a 3% chance is a good place to start.

Some examples:

+atk Example: 04:58 You see an elite scimitar (Atk:23 + 2, Def:13).

+def Example: 04:58 You see an elite scimitar (Atk:23, Def:13 + 2).

There could also be a combination of adders and subtractors, to make a more varied set of elite's, and make less obvious "better or worse" comparisons.

Example: 04:58 You see an elite scimitar (Atk:23 + 2, Def:13 - 2).

Other properties I imagine to could work:

+light aura 04:58 You see an elite scimitar (Atk:23, Def:13). It has a faint glow.

-weight 04:58 You see an elite scimitar (Atk:23, Def:13). It feels light as a feather. It weighs 15.00 oz.

More fancy and extreme versions could include increased speed, or reduced speed in exhange for more armor. Or for instance giving skills, like an elite fishing rod improving fishing skills by 2? Then even looting fishing rods could be fun. As I said, I don't know the real details here, there's a balance between making it feel like a native supplement to this server, and to make it over-the-top, and OT-ish. Things like life drain, mana leech, chance to cast a spell on hit etc., all feel a bit too much and too similar to the imbue system in my opinion.

I also feel like NPCs should still only buy the item for the base price, which would encourage trading in the trade-channel. E.g. Sell ELITE Fire Sword (+2 atk). 12k .

I hope you like the proposal, and looking forward to hearing more players' thoughts.

Best regards,
Al'mear
07.09.21 23:16:50
Dura Max
Level: 25

Quai Elite Items
04:58 You see an elite scimitar of speed (Atk:23, Def:13 + 2 + 10% attack speed).
04:58 You see an elite scimitar of health (Atk:23, Def:13 + 2). + 50 hp to your char

04:58 You see an elite scimitar of the gods (Atk:23, Def:13 + 2). + 5 skills

I feel like elite random weapons how you said but with a possible twist to each one to make it your own xD

just a idea
16.11.21 23:43:21
Gamma
Profession: Elder Druid
Level: 99

I personally love this idea. I hope it can be considered.
22.12.21 09:13:45

Monster of the Week Monster Pedestal and Players Online Box

Players Online