Your browser does not support JavaScript or its disabled!
Please turn it on, or be aware that some features on this website will not work correctly.
Contentbox headline
You are not logged in. Log in to post on the forum.

Boards >> News >> November 10th Spontaneous Event -- All Details

Page: 1
November 10th Spontaneous Event -- All Details
by GOD Aris
Author  
GOD Aris
Position: god
Profession: Druid
Level: 44

November 10th Spontaneous Event -- All Details
Hi Everyone,

There was a spontaneous event on Dura today which has seemed to cause an uproar in the community, at least for some. I've heard people loving this kind of action, and hating it. Here is exactly what happened hearing it from me so you can gain your own opinion.

The main reason people seem to be mad is that items were given, not freely, for an act of heroism. This is within the attitude of the server and the legacy of Tibia itself. I don't see what the problem is with this when you take it as a whole. I made an open message to all Players that such was the case. Anyone, including the you could have come and defeated the Monster, just like a quest, and you would've gotten the reward. And more things I'm sure will be like that in the future, and if you do something particularly remarkable, then you will get what you deserve.

There was a Giant Spider lured in Thais. It caused literally over 100 dead bodies. I did not interfere because that is the spirit of Dura. However I announced that anyone could defeat it for a reward. Someone did defeat it and got the reward. Neither did I punish these people who lured it who killed over a hundred bodies because that's perfectly fine and what Dura is about.

There was a ceremony to give rewards and there were players disrupting the ceremony, by trying to random pk. We put them in prison, and then released them when the ceremony was over. This is also perfectly fine. If a GOD/GM, that is Staff is trying to conduct an event then what the GOD/GM/Staff say goes and therefore I asked them repeatedly to stop, so the event could take place, they did not and so I imprisoned in Thais's Jail.

Continued....

Now during the ceremony there were two items that were given out, one in particular that upset many people. One, was a Crown Shield given to the Knight who blocked the Monster. A shield in itself is harmless and the fact that any serious Player could think that's overly advantageous I am at a loss for words. Yes, it's definitely a benefit, but it's small; but he did a quest. And I DID NOT bind it to the char, so if you killed him it was yours.
Now the bigger item in question people are upset about is the following. To the DRUID, who healed the Knight who killed the monster I gave a SKULL STAFF and Crown Helmet. The SKULL STAFF was BOUND to the DRUID character. No one else could use it. I thought and still do think this is relatively harmless. We're talking about a Druid using a Skull Staff. But obviously, since we're here discussing this here, it upset many players. I have since taken back the Skull Staff and left him, the Druid with only a Crown Helmet.

While I can see why people would be upset about this hearing it through word of mouth, without understanding what really went on, I nonetheless stand by I really think this is harmless and it is in keeping with the spirit of the Server. This is Old-School. The server is highly interactive. Both on the up-side and down-side. You can do whatever you want, and there can be certain things that can reward you, never punish.

Going forward this kind of thing will happen though not commonly, it can happen, especially for special events. The killing of the first Giant Spider in Thais which killed over 100 dead bodies is such an event. Whoever kills the first boss for example I, or another GOD could reward them, including if it was anyone here.
I hope this gives you a clear picture of what happened so you can form your own opinion.

We look forward to seeing your feelings and reacting accordingly.

Thanks,
Staff
10.11.20 19:00:37
GOD Aris
Position: god
Profession: Druid
Level: 44

I've had a lot of time to think about what happened today.

My belief is everything that was done and occurred by and because of the God was good, even very good. However with one major exception. The items that were given out.

The God should not have given out those items, for a number of reasons. What I regret most about the God's actions is that he could have achieved the exact same result, that is all of the good with none of the bad, if instead of a Crown Shield he gave a Rose Shield or an Old-Plate-Armor and an Old-Plate-Legs; and for the Crown Helmet and Skull Staff he simply gave an Old-Steel-Helmet. I intend to replace the items given with these items, of the ones I already have not taken back.

It is a bitter regret. But nonetheless the act itself is corrected as the items we're taken back and the ones that haven't been will be and replaced with the above mentioned. I'm going to move forward, time will tell this type of thing to be a rare oversight on my part.

Aris
10.11.20 23:52:44
Dubbeltutte
Position: player
Profession: Paladin
Level: 36

There is supposed to be a barrier between gods and men
11.11.20 01:04:29

Monster of the Week Monster Pedestal and Players Online Box

Players Online