Your browser does not support JavaScript or its disabled!
Please turn it on, or be aware that some features on this website will not work correctly.
Contentbox headline
You are not logged in. Log in to post on the forum.

Boards >> News >> The Kha'labal

Page: 1
The Kha'labal
by GOD Aris
Author  
GOD Aris
Position: god
Profession: Druid
Level: 44

The Kha'labal

-

Vast and immense the desert has no end, the sky cannot cover it, the seas cannot match it
Lade your camel's saddle, tighten the frame under his belly for the moon is full
Stay your bow and concede not to make it firewood on this frozen night. I have three companions
for you: a brave heart, a way to tell the stars, and a sword with waxed grip
You will need all tonight through the wayless dunes and the creatures, both men and beast, on their false sides
In this land is a refuge for a man from his wrongs-- yes I see you!
I have made of women widows and children orphans, and before sand had clung to my knife I was beyond the city
I am intimate with the earth's face when I take my bed
And yet do not forget my love's swaying cypress body
You want to see the golden city:
  Brother without peer
  High headed and tall
  Ankrahmun, towering and golden
  We love your strength
  We kneel beneath you
  O now, the greatest of cities
It is no more, it is gone. It is dream.
I will show you what is left, and it is more than sand and myth...

--The Kha'labal

Spoken by Sahat

Recited by Csaba,
His adopted son the night he found him

Over the recent centuries kingdoms from beyond the Kha'zeel have sent colonists many times to try to claim the land and each has failed. Always few return, many die, and some stay. And so, much of this place and it's history still remains unknown to many of the peoples that live beyond it; to some it is a mere bedtime story and nothing more. Nevertheless many a man has ventured into the great desert seeking his fortune, and each of them when they come out are near death and have nothing in their pockets but sand.

With the passage of time a new settlement, an outpost to wide-faced treasure seekers and outcasts alike has taken a position on the southern coast. Daily you can hear tale and legend of what lies under the sand, above the cliffs of the Kha'zeel, and beyond the rim of sea's horizon. It is a place mean and small, malnourished and wanting, but this is what keeps it going... for it makes the former legend of Ankrahmun, it's treasures, and the chance to find them shine all the greater.

The Kha'labal, Dura's first Major Update, will release on January 14th Saturday, 11:00 EST at Server Save. The server will be offline for an unknown amount of time to integrate the update, it is thought to at least take 1 hour minimum.

With today's announcement we are also introducing a new section to our website: Community Creators. This section will list everyone who's helped create Dura past and present. Most of this update, The Kha'labal, is indebted to Dura's own players creating it. Without them it would not be possible. As we go forward beyond The Kha'labal there is more waiting to be created; anyone can help create Dura, all you need is imagination. Whether on your own or with others, mapping and world-design, graphics and artistry, story-telling and lore, programming; quest, raid, monster, and ambush design, even mechanic and systemic design including new spells, or interesting new activities like cooking or medical skills are all possible. It's all possible if you want to create the world too, and you won't be alone because there will be tons of other people you can work with!
Read here to learn more:
Discord
https://dura-online.com/?/credits

Regards,
Dura Staff

23.12.22 14:54:52
Edited by moderator
on 05.03.24 11:56:51

Monster of the Week Monster Pedestal and Players Online Box

Players Online