Your browser does not support JavaScript or its disabled!
Please turn it on, or be aware that some features on this website will not work correctly.
Contentbox headline
You are not logged in. Log in to post on the forum.

Boards >> News >> Roleplay Event!

Page: 1
Roleplay Event!
by GOD Aris
Author  
GOD Aris
Position: god
Profession: Druid
Level: 44

Roleplay Event!

-

Greetings Durans,

We're going to have a Roleplay Event and in a nutshell this is what that means:

u Starting today May 8th Friday Server Save till Dura's 4th Year Anniversary, November 15th Friday Server Save 2024, meaning a total of six months, the event will occur.

u During that event people can Roleplay in any manner they see fit.
u
The roleplaying can occur on only one character, or across multiple characters -- it is the player that is being 'graded', not a character.
u Of course you don't need to create a new character/persona/roleplay-style/schtick, if you've been already roleplaying you can continue in the same vein by all means.

u
At the end of the event period voting will take place. The community (players) itself voting for who they think did the best Roleplaying.
u We will be using Ranked Choice Voting. You'll be able to vote for a total of seven people in ranked order. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting
u It is not definitive what process we will use to carry out the vote, but it will most likely take place in Discord for quality control purposes.
u The counting of the votes will be done by Admins/Gamemasters.

u Each person, player, will be able to vote for one-ranked-grouping (aka. one time).
u If a person is found to be trying to vote for more than one-ranked-grouping they will be penalized to the point of deletion.

Anyone can participate in this event, and at the same time you don't have to at all, it's entirely voluntary. However, if you participate you should be doing so because you will have fun and enjoy it for the sake of itself. This event is designed to be foremost fun, and secondly enrich the community and game-experience for all those who do and even don't participate; is our well-meant advice that rewards should not be the sole reason you are participating.

We're aware in some way this will take on a popularity contest, however we still think it is better that players decide who roleplayed best as players have a better insight on what is happening day to day than Gamemasters do; Gamemasters and Admins simply do not spend enough time in the gameworld to have a better pulse, both in the measurable and immeasurable, on who is Roleplaying in the game most richly. Therefore bear this in mind: ultimately it will be players who are voting on who is considered the best. Nonetheless we are holding out that at least to some extent Roleplaying will win the day and people will be objective when casting their vote.

On Rewards itself, it is for Gamemasters to decide what they are, and it will not be revealed what the rewards are until the Event is over. Again this should accentuate that you should not take part in this event if your sole reason is for the Rewards. What we can say is that they will be valuable indeed, perhaps things of real mythos, interpreting that as you will.

Note: This event is counting as our bi-weekly event.

Brief History & Why do this?
https://discord.com/channels/665957535412649994/1237834342768578651

To RPG,
and above all have fun!
Dura Staff

08.05.24 16:40:42
Edited by moderator
on 08.05.24 16:45:16
Demolish Man
Position: player
Profession: Royal Paladin
Level: 132

Comment:
"This is real event!! We get to role play as 30 year old adults on 30 year old video game!"
-Kevin, 9 May 2024

I love this quote.

Best regards,
Demolish Man
09.05.24 11:41:27
Deta
Position: player
Profession: Elder Druid
Level: 78

roleplay
yayy so just to make sure everyone can pk without no repercussion as long as we roleplay like
"why did you kill me?"

"well that wasnt me it was a demon that possess me at certain times to go after the ppl that mess with me." its roleplay right? i mean this is what was hapening in rl tibia people were role playing then when they killed someone their reason was "the gods made me to it"
09.05.24 20:26:57

Monster of the Week Monster Pedestal and Players Online Box

Players Online